You know that stage in life when your family outgrows your home and you need to upgrade?
It's like that. We need room to grow. This core conversion will serve Envista and our members well into the future.
A Letter from the CEO
Envista Credit Union has experienced rapid growth over the last three years. Through this growth, we’ve realized that to best serve your current and future needs and expectations, it is essential to upgrade our technology.
Envista’s core processor is the software that allows us to maintain account and loan information, process transactions, and support services such as debit cards, online banking and new technologies our members want. As a result of the upgrade, our team will be able to serve you more efficiently and provide enhanced products, services and delivery systems in the future.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience during this transition. Your commitment and feedback to Envista are what drives us to be better and do better each and every day.
Thank you for choosing Envista. We look forward to continuing to help you achieve your financial goals.
- The make and model of vehicles will no longer be displayed in auto loan descriptions.
- Additional Shares will be called Shares.
- HSAs will be spelled out as Health Savings Accounts.
- Credit Card account numbers will look different and may be listed as an installment loan.
What’s Not Changing
- Your debit card and its PIN number will remain the same.
- Your credit card will remain the same.
- Your checks will function as normal and will not need to be reordered.
- Your automatic transfers (transfers from one Envista account to another Envista account) will not be impacted.
- Your previously scheduled bill payments set up through Online Banking Bill Pay will not be impacted.
- Your external recurring payments and direct deposits should not be affected.
QuickBooks & Quicken Users
ATTENTION QuickBooks and Quicken users: The conversion upgrade will require that you make changes to your QuickBooks or Quicken software. Please take action to ensure a smooth transition. The conversion instructions reference two Action Dates, detailed below:
1st Action Date: October 30, 2020 6:00 PM CST
A data file backup and a final transaction download should be completed before this date. (Transaction history might not be available after the upgrade.)
2nd Action Date: November 3, 2020
Complete the conversion instructions to deactivate/reactivate your Online Banking connection to ensure that you get your current QuickBooks or Quicken accounts set up with the new connection.
Intuit aggregation services may be interrupted for up to 3-5 business days. Users are encouraged to download a QFX/QBO file during this outage. The following services may not work during the outage:
- Quicken WIn/Mac Express Web Connect
- QuickBooks Online Express Web Connect
Please carefully review your downloaded transactions after completing the migration instructions to ensure no transactions were duplicated or missed on the register.
If you have questions please contact us.
Check out these FAQs or start a chat with our team. We are here to help.