An HSA is the healthy savings choice for medical expenses. With easy access to funds, you won’t have to put off that doctor’s appointment.
- Competitive Dividends
- No Setup or Maintenance Fees
- Tax Advantages*
- Enjoy greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn dividends above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Free HSA debit card for easy access
- $50 minimum deposit to open
What is an HSA?
An HSA is a savings account that allows you to put money aside on a pre-tax basis for qualified medical expenses. It can only be used if you meet the qualifications below. These accounts earn dividends, and your money rolls over from year to year if you don’t spend it.
Who Qualifies for an HSA?
There are health benefit requirements to qualify for an HSA. We recommend consulting with a qualified tax adviser to find out if you qualify.
These requirements can change each tax year. For 2019:
- Individual with no less than a $1350 deductible $6550 out of pocket cap
- Family plan with no less than $2700 deductible and $13,300 out of pocket cap
Still Have Questions?
Take a look at our HSA FAQs.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.