OVERDRAFT PROTECTION AND OVERDRAFT PRIVILEGE
Envista Credit Union understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Account Protection
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection linked to another deposit account you have at Envista Credit Union1||No fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Protection Line of Credit1, 2 (Consumer Accounts Only)||Subject to interest; subject to credit approval|
|Overdraft Privilege Standard or Extended Coverage||$28.50 ODP Fee per item presented*|
1 Visit envistacu.com, contact our team at [email protected] or 785-228-0149, or visit any branch to request these service(s);
2Subject to credit approval.
* Per item presented means each time an item is presented, including representment.
Overdraft Protection applies to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or line of credit you may have at Envista Credit Union for a fee or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee to pay a transaction. Even if you have Overdraft Protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted. Please review What Else You Should Know for other important information.
|Transactions Covered with Overdraft Privilege||Standard Coverage
(No action required)
(Your consent required on consumer accounts) *
|ACH - Automatic Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Transactions||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions, call us at (785) 228-0149, visit any branch, click the button below and submit the completed form, or print the form and mail it to 3626 SW Wanamaker Rd., Topeka, KS 66614.
Extended Coverage Consent Form
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (785) 228-0149 or visiting any branch.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another account or line of credit may be less expensive than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in one fee, instead of multiple smaller overdrafts. Use our Mobile, Online Banking, and TouchTone Teller services to track your balance. For financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
- The $28.50 ODP Fee that is charged if you overdraw your account is the same fee that is charged if an item is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate ODP Fee or an NSF Charge of $28.50. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Overdraft Privilege limit amount because of a fee.
- Recipients of federal or state benefits payments who do not wish us to deduct the amount overdrawn and the ODP Fee from funds that you deposit or that are deposited into your account may call us at (785) 228-0149 to discontinue Overdraft Privilege.
- If an item is returned because the Available Balance (as defined below) in your account is not sufficient to cover the item and the item is presented for payment again, Envista Credit Union (“We”) will charge an NSF Charge each time it returns the item because it exceeds the Available Balance in your account. Because we may charge an NSF Charge each time an item is presented, we may charge you more than one fee for any given item as a result of a returned item and representment of the item. When we charge an NSF Charge, the charge reduces the Available Balance in your account and may put your account into (or further into) overdraft. If, on representment of the item, the Available Balance in your account is sufficient to cover the item we may pay the item, and, if payment causes an overdraft, charge an ODP Fee.
- There is no limit on the total ODP Fees per day we will charge.
- This describes the posting order for purposes of determining overdrafts. Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post ACH credits before debits. ATM, ACH and debit card transactions are posted in the order in which the items are received, while paper checks are processed through the Federal Reserve system. We receive data files of cashed checks from the Federal Reserve each day. The checks drawn on your account are compiled from these data files and paid each day. We process the payments from low to high dollar value. Because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of ODP Fees or NSF Charges assessed.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Membership Agreement and Disclosures. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
- We may be obligated to pay some debit card transactions that are not authorized through the payment system but which we are required to pay due to the payment system rules, and as a result you may incur fees if such transactions overdraw your account. However, we will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless your account’s Available Balance (including Overdraft Coverage Options) is sufficient to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring ODP Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an ODP Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until it is otherwise withdrawn.
Understanding your Available Balance: Your account has two kinds of balances: the Actual Balance and the Available Balance.
- We authorize and pay transactions using the Available Balance.
- Your Actual Balance reflects the full amount of all deposits to your account as well as payment transactions that have been posted to your account. It does not reflect checks you have written and are still outstanding or transactions that have been authorized but are still pending.
- Your Available Balance is the amount available to you to use for purchases, withdrawals, or to cover transactions. The Available Balance is your Actual Balance, less any holds due to pending debit card transactions and holds on deposited funds.
- The balance used for authorizing checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is your Available Balance plus any available Overdraft Protection and includes the Overdraft Privilege limit.
- The balance used for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is your Available Balance plus any available Overdraft Protection but does NOT include the Overdraft Privilege limit.
- The balance used for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Extended Coverage is your Available Balance plus any available Overdraft Protection and includes the Overdraft Privilege limit.
- Because your Available Balance reflects pending transactions and debit holds, your balance may appear to cover a transaction but later upon settlement it may not be sufficient to cover such transaction. In such cases, the transaction may further overdraw your account and be subject to additional overdraft fees. You should assume that any item which would overdraw your account based on your Available Balance may create an overdraft. Note that we may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Membership Agreement and Disclosures, which will reduce the amount in your Available Balance.
- Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your Available Balance provided through Online Banking, Mobile Banking, TouchTone Teller, or Envista Credit Union’s ATMs.
- We will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the Available Balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the Available Balance and the transaction is posted to the Available Balance, an ODP Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, we will not pay items if the Available Balance in your account (including the Overdraft Privilege limit, if applicable) is not sufficient to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
Understanding Overdraft Privilege Limits
- An Overdraft Privilege limit of $800 will be granted to eligible consumer checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing.
- An Overdraft Privilege limit of $1,500 will be granted to eligible business checking accounts opened at least 60 days in good standing.
- Overdraft Privilege may be suspended if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have the full Overdraft Privilege limit reinstated.
Please email us at [email protected], call us at (785) 228-0149, or visit any branch if you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege.